Thank you for trusting me with your child’s IEP! Just a few reminders and details for you before we get started.
1. Once a package has been purchased, please send me all documents relevant as soon as possible. This includes IEP’s, evaluations (both school and outside), progress reports, report cards, behavior plans or emails/communication with school.
2. If at any point you want to set up a time to talk, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/nicoleschlechteradvocacy
3. I prefer email communication, and I try to return emails within 24-48 hours. If there is something urgent, feel free to text. I typically do not answer texts or emails after 5pm CST or on weekends as this is time I reserve for family. Thank you for your understanding.
4. Once a meeting is scheduled, I review documents a few days prior to the meeting. I like to schedule a phone call with parents a day before the meeting to go over my review. I encourage you to set up this call as soon as possible to ensure a convenient time for you as my schedule fills quickly.
5. I highly encourage you to write a parent input statement prior to our meeting prep call. During this call, we will review your parent input and concerns to email over to the school prior to our meeting. This should be less than a page and outline any goals or concerns you have for your student. Don’t worry about making it fancy, we can work on it together.
Lastly, please don’t hesitate to contact me for any reason. I’m here to help and want to make sure that when you work with me you are educated and confident in the decisions you are making for your child.